Since exotic cars and antique vehicles are different from your typical every day car, your insurance coverage needs to be specific to your vehicle and how often you plan to use it. There are many considerations which you and ARCW Insurance will discuss while creating a policy to suit your treasured car.
Since you have purchased an exotic or antique vehicle, you’ll want to insure it properly, as it is not only a piece of art, but an investment. There are two types of car insurance you should consider.
First, a typical classic car insurance policy would generally include the following:
- Agreed value coverage—pays for the car’s full-insured value with no depreciation in the event of a total loss, less your deductible.
- Inflation guard—to compensate for how classic cars increase in value over time, the policy increases the vehicle’s value quarterly.
- Spare parts coverage
- Flexible usage—ability to drive the vehicle up to 2,500 or 5,000 miles annually. Not limited to “parades only.”
Secondly, high value cars should include additional coverage options that extend beyond a typical classic car policy, including:
- Emergency towing in case of a breakdown
- Roadside assistance for items such as a flat tire, dead battery or running out of gas
- Emergency lockout
- Lost key return
- Emergency travel expenses in case your exotic car breaks down while away from home
- Car show expenses—policy will pay for expenses associated with missing a car show due to a breakdown
- Theft reward (get that baby back!)
- Personal effects—policy will reimburse you for items that are vandalized or stolen when reported to police
Enjoy your treasured work of art while protecting your vehicle for the future! Contact ARCW Insurance today at (727) 544-8841 to learn more about all of our custom automobile insurance solutions.
This information is not intended to be exhaustive nor should any discussion or opinions be construed as professional advice. Should you have any questions or would like to discuss your risk exposure with your exotic car insurance, please contact the insurance pros at ARCW Insurance. We are here to help.