We’re entering the third month of a new year and there is no better time than now to contact an independent insurance agent. If you haven’t already, sit down and do an audit on your policies. Do they need updating? Has the coverage changed?
By the way, you’ve probably noticed that we have used the term “independent insurance agent” rather than just “agent”. We did that for a reason. When it comes to buying insurance, no matter what kind, you will want someone that is working for you. Someone that can gather information from all of the policies from all of the carriers. Someone that can find you the best price for the coverage you need. Period.
Sure, you can shop online and get some quotes. Or you can call a number and chat with a stranger and hope they are well versed in all of the latest rules and regulations. But doing this really does put you at a disadvantage rather than an advantage. It’s far better to sit down with an independent insurance agent, talk with someone who is going to be looking out for your best interests and making sure all of your assets are protected.
In case you need more convincing, following are ten reasons why you want to use an independent insurance agent.
Your independent insurance agent…
- is a licensed professional.
- is not tied to any one company and can change your policies to different agencies as your needs change.
- will provide stellar customer service. Your agent wants to keep your business and that means keeping you happy!
- will be with you every step of the way should you ever need to make a claim.
- will present you multiple choices of policies and companies to choose from
- will work within your budget and search tirelessly to find you the best options for the best price.
- is your own private consultant and will be there for you whenever you have a question.
- will do the “running around” for you while searching for the best options.
- will prompt a meeting when your policies need reviewing for maximum effectiveness.
- lives in your community and knows the nuances specific to your geographic area – like weather hazards; road conditions; health hazards; accident frequency averages; etc.
Bottom line is you deserve the peace of mind of knowing that your insurance needs are in the capable, trained hands of your independent insurance agent.